Re: Lost connection while sending end of data

  • Diego Alencar Alves de Lima
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
      Em Sex, 2007-08-31 às 23:30 -0400, Wietse Venema escreveu:
      > The SMTP server on 127.0.0.1 did not respond to "end of data" within
      > $smtp_data_done_timeout seconds (default 600s, or 10 minutes, as
      > recommended by the RFC).

      The messages do not take long to be deferred. I see the error as soon as
      I flush or requeue these particular messages. And this doesn't happen to
      all messages, just some specific few.

      Could there be another reason for this message other than a timeout
      while waiting for the smtp response?

      Thank you.

      --
      Diego Lima
      www.diegolima.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1 6:42 AM
        Diego Alencar Alves de Lima:
        > Em Sex, 2007-08-31 ?s 23:30 -0400, Wietse Venema escreveu:
        > > The SMTP server on 127.0.0.1 did not respond to "end of data" within
        > > $smtp_data_done_timeout seconds (default 600s, or 10 minutes, as
        > > recommended by the RFC).
        >
        > The messages do not take long to be deferred. I see the error as soon as
        > I flush or requeue these particular messages. And this doesn't happen to
        > all messages, just some specific few.

        I was not aware that the drop was instantaneous.

        > Could there be another reason for this message other than a timeout
        > while waiting for the smtp response?

        Apparently, the filter aborts quickly. The reason for this is likely
        written to a logfile, provided that the file permissions aren't
        broken to the point that the filter can't write its log.

        If nothing is logged, use strace, truss, etc. to diagnose the process.