fatal: open database /etc/postfix/spammers.db: No such file or directory

  • Patrick - South Valley Internet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      Hi all,

      I have this configured in my main.cf:

      smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      #check_sender_access
      dbm:/etc/postfix/spammers,
      check_sender_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/spammers,
      reject_non_fqdn_sender

      Since I'm upgrading our existing mail server, I copied over the
      /etc/postfix/spammers file that was on our old mail server. Do I need
      to have postfix somehow build the db for that file?

      Thanks.

      Patrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
        At 05:24 PM 7/6/2007, Patrick - South Valley Internet wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >
        >I have this configured in my main.cf:
        >
        >smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        > #check_sender_access
        > dbm:/etc/postfix/spammers,
        > check_sender_access
        > hash:/etc/postfix/spammers,
        > reject_non_fqdn_sender
        >
        >Since I'm upgrading our existing mail server, I copied over the
        >/etc/postfix/spammers file that was on our old mail server. Do I
        >need to have postfix somehow build the db for that file?

        Yes,
        # postmap hash:/etc/postfix/spammers

        You also might want to order your restrictions such as this to do
        easy/cheap checks first:
        smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        reject_non_fqdn_sender
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/spammers
        reject_unknown_sender_domain

        You may want to use permit_mynetworks as the first rule to exempt
        local users from these checks, but that's a per-site decision.

        --
        Noel Jones