RE: Transaction failed

  • Rocco Scappatura
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
      > Try doing a manual session (using telnet or similar) and see
      > what response you get.

      220 mail.dd.it ESMTP
      helo cc.it
      250 mail.dd.it hello cc.it[127.0.0.1]
      mail from:<natascia.c@...>
      250 2.1.0 OK
      rcpt to:<carrozzeria@...>
      250 2.1.0 OK
      data
      354 OK
      aa
      ,
      .
      250 OK, Unacceptable content

      thanks,

      rocsca
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
        Rocco Scappatura wrote:

        >> Try doing a manual session (using telnet or similar) and see
        >> what response you get.
        >>

        > 220 mail.dd.it ESMTP
        > helo cc.it
        > 250 mail.dd.it hello cc.it[127.0.0.1]
        > mail from:<natascia.c@...>
        > 250 2.1.0 OK
        > rcpt to:<carrozzeria@...>
        > 250 2.1.0 OK
        > data
        > 354 OK
        > aa
        > ,
        > .
        > 250 OK, Unacceptable content

        beware MTA schizophrenia.... ("250 Ok" <-------> "Unacceptable content")
      • Rocco Scappatura
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
          > beware MTA schizophrenia.... ("250 Ok" <------->
          > "Unacceptable content")

          You wolud like to say the reciver MTA is missconfigured.. Or not?

          rocsca
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
            Rocco Scappatura wrote:
            >> beware MTA schizophrenia.... ("250 Ok" <------->
            >> "Unacceptable content")
            >>

            > You wolud like to say the reciver MTA is missconfigured.. Or not?

            It should not say
            - 250 ok (which means I accept your mail)
            and
            - Unacceptable content (which I interpret as the mail is not accepted).

            This will result in mail loss (the sending MTA doesn't care about the
            "unacceptable ..." text, so it will consider that mail will be
            delivered), which is unacceptable behaviour.
          • Rocco Scappatura
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
              > It should not say
              > - 250 ok (which means I accept your mail) and
              > - Unacceptable content (which I interpret as the mail is not
              > accepted).
              >
              > This will result in mail loss (the sending MTA doesn't care
              > about the "unacceptable ..." text, so it will consider that
              > mail will be delivered), which is unacceptable behaviour.

              Very clear thanks..

              rocsca