Re: Making postfix hand old deferred messages somewhere else?

  • Gary Mort
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      Michael Loftis wrote:
      > It might not be at all possible inside of postfix, but, is there a way
      > to get it to take deferred messages that are older than say a day and
      > send them to a designated MTA? I'd like to get the big chunks of mail
      > for dead domains or slow domains off my main mail servers and onto a
      > small(er) set of retry/redelivery machines.

      I was looking for something else and ran across this site
      http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/scripts/ with this perl script:
      http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/scripts/delete-from-mailq

      The script is designed to go through the mailq and delete mail matching
      a particular criteria(using a regular expression).

      I would imagine the same script could be used, changing the regular
      expression for a time value, change checking the message body to
      checking the file creation date, and change the delete to some sort of
      move(move the message file to a seperate directory and delete the last
      delivery information file?)

      Than you could run a second script to periodically check that directory
      and make an SMTP connection to your designated MTA and pipe through the
      messages to be sent)