Re: Upgrading From 2.3.6

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2007
      Rich Shepard:
      > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Jorey Bump wrote:
      >
      > > I gave up creating SlackBuilds for postfix, as it only seemed to add more
      > > work. I find that managing Postfix from source and following the upgrade
      > > instructions works very smoothly on Slackware.
      >
      > Jorey,
      >
      > OK. Since postfix is not part of the distribution or frequently upgraded,
      > I see how this makes sense. Building the package takes no more time, but
      > perhaps the actual upgrades do cause issues that require time to resume.
      >
      > So, back to my original question: 2.3.11 or 2.4.3 from 2.3.6? Does it
      > matter?

      I recommend reviewing the RELEASE_NOTES files, which document not
      only the new things, but also what old things are broken, and how
      to work around those.

      Wietse
    • Rich Shepard
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2007
        On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Wietse Venema wrote:

        > I recommend reviewing the RELEASE_NOTES files, which document not only the
        > new things, but also what old things are broken, and how to work around
        > those.

        Wietse,

        Thank you, I intend to read everything before proceeding with any upgrade.

        Rich

        --
        Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
        Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)