Re: Empty pflogsumm Reports -- RESOLVED!

  • Rich Shepard
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 28, 2007
      On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Noel Jones wrote:

      > Now we're getting somewhere; pflogsumm reports nothing because nothing is in
      > the log.

      Yup. Took me a while to realize this because I'm trying to solve two other
      computer issues while still getting project work done. Ergo, I'm not
      multitasking well.

      > Have you tried restarting postfix?

      Yes.

      > Have you tried restarting syslogd?

      BINGO! Apparently syslog stopped sometime Friday night. A few messages
      just came in. I can see them in the log and pflogsumm can, too.

      Many thanks, Noel! I'm saving this message in case the same thing happens
      in the future. I would never have thought of a syslog failure ... I'm not a
      professional SysAdmin.

      Rich

      --
      Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
      Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 28, 2007