header_checks...

  • anant@isac.gov.in
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      Dear List:

      We have set some header_checks to IGNORE those lines where our
      internal hostnames are listed. But, when a bounced mails are sent
      back, they continue to contain all the internal hostnames. How do I
      stop that also. Do I need to add body_checks?

      Regards,
      Anant.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
        On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 09:19:02AM +0530, anant@... wrote:

        > Dear List:
        >
        > We have set some header_checks to IGNORE those lines where our
        > internal hostnames are listed. But, when a bounced mails are sent
        > back, they continue to contain all the internal hostnames. How do I
        > stop that also. Do I need to add body_checks?

        Bounces generated on the Postfix system itself are not subject header
        checks for robustness reasons. This will not change.

        If the bounces are generated inside your network and relayed back out
        through your edge system, the nested headers of bounces can be filtered
        (carefully) with nested_header_checks (which defaults to $header_checks).

        Note that in bounces MTA names also appear in the machine-readable
        delivery status section, and deleting those breaks the DSN notice
        format. FWIW, I would push back on the overzealous "security" people
        driving this...