Re: All mail to yahoo.com is being instantly deferred

  • Martin Strand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
      On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 04:39:57 +0200, Patrick - South Valley Internet
      <patrickm@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Okay I'm at a wits end with this thing. Over the past 2-3 weeks every
      > single e-mail that is being sent through our mail server that goes to a
      > yahoo.com address is being deferred.
      >
      > Here is an example e-mail (with email addresses changed for security
      > reasons):

      > Jun 1 04:46:50 sequoia postfix/qmgr[39184]: CA1A93EA6:
      > to=<blahxxxblah@...>, relay=none, delay=126544, status=deferred
      > (delivery temporarily suspended: host c.mx.mail.yahoo.com[216.39.53.3]
      > refused to talk to me: 421 Message from (216.139.0.84) temporarily
      > deferred - 4.16.50. Please refer to
      > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html)
      >
      > I've already went to that URL, filled out the form, then Yahoo! directs
      > me to a cgi mailer form to fill out with all my information, our mail
      > servers, the error, etc. then sends me to another form that is for bulk
      > mailers. We are an ISP not a bulk mailer. And what's worse, they keep
      > sending me in the same runaround. I've mentioned all of this
      > information in great detail to them but it seems like they don't give a
      > damn. Or maybe I'm just not getting connected to the right people.
      > It's like they don't even want to help me fix the problem.
      >
      > I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and has
      > any insight on this. Your help is much appreciated.
      >
      > We are running postfix 2.1.3.
      >

      > Patrick

      I had the same problem for months but once I filled out this form the
      problem disappeared: (YMMV)
      http://help.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_defer

      Yahoo says you need to make sure all the regular sutff is set up properly
      (rdns, helo, spf, etc) and you should also implement DomainKeys (i haven't
      done so but it probably helps)

      There's a discussion here:
      http://www.ahfx.net/weblog.php?article=107