Re: Sender address rewriting

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      Richard Zinar:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'd like to implement sender address rewriting of the form:
      >
      > user@... --> user@...
      >
      > In other words, the original sender address is an FQDN ending in
      > yahoo.com,
      > and I want to rewrite it to the same user name, but ending in
      > yahoo-inc.com.
      > I'd also like to make an exception for usernames like root, where I'd
      > like to
      > leave the original sender address alone.
      >
      > Can someone let me know what the most straightforward way to accomplish
      > this?

      There many several ways to fix addresses. Which method is appropriate
      depends on your problem.

      I suggest that you start here:
      http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
      http://www.postfix.org/pcre_table.5.html

      There are no specific examples in this reply, because you state
      the solution but not the problem that led you there.