Re: relay_recipient_maps for multiple destinations

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      At 11:57 PM 5/31/2007, ram wrote:
      > > relay_recipient_maps (default: empty)
      > > Optional lookup tables with all valid
      > addresses in the domains that
      > > match $relay_domains. Specify @domain as a wild-card for
      > domains that
      > > have no valid recipient list, and become a source of
      > backscatter mail:
      > > Postfix accepts spam for non-existent recipients and then
      > floods inno-
      > > cent people with undeliverable mail. Technically,
      > tables listed with
      > > $relay_recipient_maps are used as lists: Postfix needs to
      > know only if
      > > a lookup string is found or not, BUT IT DOES NOT
      > USE THE RESULT FROM
      > > TABLE LOOKUP.
      > >

      >right , but that does not tell me how can I have relay_recipient_maps
      >for different domains
      >
      >can I say
      >for domain1 use map1
      >for domain2 use map2

      There can only be one relay_recipient_maps parameter in main.cf.
      Postfix expects all recipients for all relay domains to be listed in
      the single relay_recipient_maps parameter. The relay_recipient_maps
      parameter can have multiple maps listed, or all recipients can be
      lumped together. Postfix searches all the defined maps in the order
      listed until the first match is found.

      It is not possible and not necessary to define which domain should
      use which map. If you have a large number of domains as separate
      maps, combine them into a single map for this lookup. Use a Makefile
      to control the process, something like:
      http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html#safe_db

      --
      Noel Jones