Best Mx => Local

  • Thomas Glanzmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hello,
      I am looking for a way to realise the following with postfix:

      r5566.whatever.local CNAME s0305566.whatever.local
      lutz.whatever.local CNAME s0305566.whatever.local
      s0305566.whatever.local IN A 10.0.0.2
      s0305566.whatever.local IN MX 10 mailrelay.whatever.local
      s0305566.whatever.local IN MX 20 backupmx.whatever.local

      user@...,
      user@... and
      user@... should be rewritten to
      user@... and local delivered.

      It should be enough that s0305566.whatever.local has a _best_ MX record
      that points to mailrelay.whatever.local. A friend of mine realised such
      a scenario by writing all hostnames to a database with a dummy right
      side and specify it like that in the postfix config:

      mydestination = dbm:/local/postfix/etc/postfix/bestmxlist

      If I would use this configuration option do I have to specify every possible
      CNAME or is the A record enough?

      Thomas