Bounce messages with certain 450 error texts

  • Rainer Frey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi,

      is there a way to bounce messages with a certain error text for a 450
      error immediately, instead of retrying?

      Some spam policy server seems to send 450 when it really means 550, and we
      don't want to retry sending to these servers.

      Regards,
      Rainer Frey
      --
      Inxmail GmbH
      Web http://www.inxmail.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        At 07:26 AM 6/1/2007, Rainer Frey wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >is there a way to bounce messages with a certain error text for a 450
        >error immediately, instead of retrying?
        >
        >Some spam policy server seems to send 450 when it really means 550, and we
        >don't want to retry sending to these servers.

        No, but you can add a transport map entry for the domain in question
        pointing to errror: to bounce the message.

        # main.cf

        # /etc/postfix/transport
        broken-filter.example.com error:domain does not accept mail

        --
        Noel Jones
      • Rainer Frey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
          On Friday 01 June 2007 19:48:12 Noel Jones wrote:
          > At 07:26 AM 6/1/2007, Rainer Frey wrote:
          > >Hi,
          > >
          > >is there a way to bounce messages with a certain error text for a 450
          > >error immediately, instead of retrying?
          > >
          > >Some spam policy server seems to send 450 when it really means 550,
          > > and we don't want to retry sending to these servers.
          >
          > No, but you can add a transport map entry for the domain in question
          > pointing to errror: to bounce the message.

          Thanks for the information. The problem is, this occurs for one server who
          is MX for many different domains. Is there a way to do this for a certain
          destination server?

          Regards,
          Rainer Frey
          --