Re: Mobile devices & sending mail.

  • Benjamin Donnachie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      LB wrote:
      > So what would be the best suggestion for a setup like this? Thanks..

      Personally, I'd set up authentication. Using Cyrus-SASL you can set it
      to use pam.d, which in turn you can set to authenticate with your imap
      server.

      Dovecot-SASL might be able to do this too, but I've only used Cyrus'.

      Ben
    • LB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        FYI .. As recommended I decided to use the mobile carrier's SMTP servers ..
        Thanks mr88talent.

        http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/gettingstarted/pocketpcphone/email/is
        p/mailsettings.mspx

        Regards,