Re: relay_recipient_maps for multiple destinations

  • ram
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2007
      On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 07:08 -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > ram:
      > > On my postfix 2.3.4 server I have multiple domains with multiple
      > > transports
      > >
      > > Can I use relay_recipient_maps to connect to different servers
      > >
      > > foreg
      > >
      > > domain1.com mysql:foobar1
      > > domain2.com mysql:foobar2
      >
      > man 5 postconf
      >
      > relay_recipient_maps (default: empty)
      > Optional lookup tables with all valid addresses in the domains that
      > match $relay_domains. Specify @domain as a wild-card for domains that
      > have no valid recipient list, and become a source of backscatter mail:
      > Postfix accepts spam for non-existent recipients and then floods inno-
      > cent people with undeliverable mail. Technically, tables listed with
      > $relay_recipient_maps are used as lists: Postfix needs to know only if
      > a lookup string is found or not, BUT IT DOES NOT USE THE RESULT FROM
      > TABLE LOOKUP.

      right , but that does not tell me how can I have relay_recipient_maps
      for different domains

      can I say
      for domain1 use map1
      for domain2 use map2

      Or is this not possible at all

      Thanks
      Ram
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        At 11:57 PM 5/31/2007, ram wrote:
        > > relay_recipient_maps (default: empty)
        > > Optional lookup tables with all valid
        > addresses in the domains that
        > > match $relay_domains. Specify @domain as a wild-card for
        > domains that
        > > have no valid recipient list, and become a source of
        > backscatter mail:
        > > Postfix accepts spam for non-existent recipients and then
        > floods inno-
        > > cent people with undeliverable mail. Technically,
        > tables listed with
        > > $relay_recipient_maps are used as lists: Postfix needs to
        > know only if
        > > a lookup string is found or not, BUT IT DOES NOT
        > USE THE RESULT FROM
        > > TABLE LOOKUP.
        > >

        >right , but that does not tell me how can I have relay_recipient_maps
        >for different domains
        >
        >can I say
        >for domain1 use map1
        >for domain2 use map2

        There can only be one relay_recipient_maps parameter in main.cf.
        Postfix expects all recipients for all relay domains to be listed in
        the single relay_recipient_maps parameter. The relay_recipient_maps
        parameter can have multiple maps listed, or all recipients can be
        lumped together. Postfix searches all the defined maps in the order
        listed until the first match is found.

        It is not possible and not necessary to define which domain should
        use which map. If you have a large number of domains as separate
        maps, combine them into a single map for this lookup. Use a Makefile
        to control the process, something like:
        http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html#safe_db

        --
        Noel Jones