Re: encryption

  • Mark Watts
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2007
      > Hi,
      >
      > Is it possible to implement some simple encryption with Postfix ?
      >
      > Im trying to automatically encrypt any mail addressed to a particular
      > domain.
      > All mail, regardless of the destination, is then sent off to another mail
      > server.
      >
      > The email client then downloads the email normally , and applies a
      > decryption plugin.
      >
      > The reason why I want this method over a digital certificate system is that
      > I need a great deal of flexibility and I do not want to be locked into
      > users having digital certificates.
      >
      > I also need an auomatic system, so that all email, is always encrypted when
      > sent to a certain domain, and does not rely on the user selecting "encrypt"
      > and so on.
      >
      > Any help appreciated
      >
      > Paul

      Unless (as suggested already) Mandatory TLS to the target domain is not
      suitable, it sounds like you want something like this product:

      http://www.pgp.com/products/universal_gateway_email/index.html

      Mark.

      --
      Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
      Senior Systems Engineer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2007
        On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:21:33PM +1000, Paul Bruce wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Is it possible to implement some simple encryption with Postfix ?
        >
        > Im trying to automatically encrypt any mail addressed to a particular
        > domain.
        > All mail, regardless of the destination, is then sent off to another mail
        > server.
        >
        > The email client then downloads the email normally , and applies a
        > decryption plugin.
        >
        > The reason why I want this method over a digital certificate system is that
        > I need a great deal of flexibility and I do not want to be locked into users
        > having digital certificates.
        >
        > I also need an auomatic system, so that all email, is always encrypted when
        > sent to a certain domain, and does not rely on the user selecting "encrypt"
        > and so on.

        Look into PGP Universal and Tumbleweed gateway email encryption products.