Re: virtual_alias_maps bypass smtpd_restriction_classes?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2007
      Francisco Reyes wrote:
      > OS: FreeBSD
      > Postfix:2.3.8
      >
      > When using a virtual_alias_map of the form
      > @... @...

      As reported multiple times on the list, this breaks recipient validation
      (search for wildcard+aliases+break.recipient.validation).

      > It does not seem like the emails are going through the
      > smtpd_restriction_classes if they come to domain-a.com
      all mail goes through restrictions. but there is no alias expansion
      before that.

      > I am specifying the classes in a transport table

      smtpd_restriction_classes have nothing to do with transports.

      > and I do have an entry for each user in domain-b.com and also have a
      > @... to specify which class.
      >
      > I also tried a transport entry of the form: user@... to see
      > if that would get the smtp_restriction_class to kick in.

      transports are for transport. restriction classes are for access. These
      are two completely different concepts.

      > Emails going directly to the domain "domain-b.com" go through the
      > smtpd_restriction_classes.
      >
      > Any suggestions?

      - remove the wildcard aliases and replace them with individual aliases.
      you can use a script to generate the file.
      - add the same individual addresses in the maps that you use in
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions.