Re: Multiple Instances status quo?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 03:08:37PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

      > What's the status of multiple instances support?
      > I want to try it on my mail gateways (amavisd-new in between), but I'm
      > unsure if Victor's patch is still up-to-date for Postfix 2.4.x or
      > 2.5.x and whether that patch is the way to go at all?

      The old patch has been trimmed back in preparation for start of real
      work on 2.5, it no longer does automatic multi-instance stop/start/reload.

      Other (new) features are on the drawing board... What I have now is not
      what will ship with 2.5, but I can provide a snapshot if you find that
      useful.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2007
        Ralf Hildebrandt:
        > What's the status of multiple instances support?
        > I want to try it on my mail gateways (amavisd-new in between), but I'm
        > unsure if Victor's patch is still up-to-date for Postfix 2.4.x or
        > 2.5.x and whether that patch is the way to go at all?

        It will hopefully be added in 2.5.

        However, my cycles for Postfix are VERY limited, and as you know
        I release a feature only when it works to my satisfaction, and that
        means a standard that goes beyond "must work very well". Maybe if
        I have some left-over cycles by November.

        Wietse
      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2007
          * Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>:

          > The old patch has been trimmed back in preparation for start of real
          > work on 2.5, it no longer does automatic multi-instance stop/start/reload.

          Ah, OK.

          > Other (new) features are on the drawing board... What I have now is not
          > what will ship with 2.5, but I can provide a snapshot if you find that
          > useful.

          A snapshot would be cool.

          --
          Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...