Re: Localization of SMTP Messages

  • Sven Juergensen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 6:41 AM
      Udo Rader wrote:
      > this ML is about postfix, you should ask on the cyrus ML:

      This implies that the message from
      cyrus is indeed proxied through
      postfix.

      Can anyone confirm this before I
      reask on the cyrus mailinglist?

      Besides, the original question
      remains unanswered.

      Thank you.

      Sven
    • Udo Rader
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 7:55 AM
        On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 15:41 +0200, Sven Juergensen wrote:
        > Udo Rader wrote:
        > > this ML is about postfix, you should ask on the cyrus ML:

        > This implies that the message from
        > cyrus is indeed proxied through
        > postfix.

        nope, it does not imply this. It just implies that postfix is an SMTP
        server wheras cyrus imapd is an IMAP server.

        If cyrus-imapd is configured to deploy automated over quota mail
        messages then those messages are relayed via the SMTP gateway configured
        in cryus imapd (or the system it is installed on). Check your cyrus
        installation for that.

        It would be quite uncommon (and dangerous IMO) if you wanted postfix to
        modify the contents of email messages sent through it.

        > Can anyone confirm this before I
        > reask on the cyrus mailinglist?
        >
        > Besides, the original question
        > remains unanswered.

        man 5 bounce

        --
        Udo Rader

        bestsolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH
        http://www.bestsolution.at
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2 8:34 AM
          Sven Juergensen:
          > Particularly interesting would be the
          > answer an IMAP server generates. Does
          > it get proxied through postfix or is
          > it generated by the mailserver?

          Postfix is only the messenger of the bad news.

          > Ultimately I'd like to translate the
          > 'over quota' message from cyrus' lmtp.

          There is no code in Postfix to change the replies from other (mail)
          software.