Re: Transcript of session

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 2:30 AM
      * Черкендов Александр Армаисович <ch@...-8.ru>:

      > "debug_peer_list=ip " don't makes log files less verbose,

      Yes it does. It allows to use NORMAL logging for everything, but
      VERBOSE logging for certain IPs or networks.

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
      http://www.arschkrebs.de
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 2:38 AM
        so how i can get in log something like this?
        out>postfix lalala esmtp
        ehlo me
        250 lala
        250 lalala
        mail from:me@...
        rcpt to:u@u.u

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 2:42 AM
          * Черкендов Александр Армаисович <ch@...-8.ru>:
          > so how i can get in log something like this?
          > out>postfix lalala esmtp
          > ehlo me
          > 250 lala
          > 250 lalala
          > mail from:me@...
          > rcpt to:u@u.u

          debug_peer_list=mail.charite.de,other.mail.server

          in that case you get the logs in that form for
          mail.charite.de and other.mail.server

          If all else fail, make the log verbose globally and then use something
          like syslog-ng to remove the unneeded info.

          --
          Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
          http://www.arschkrebs.de
          Pencil and paper /n./: an archaic information storage and transmission
          device that works by depositing smears of graphite on bleached wood
          pulp. More recent developments in paper-based technology include
          improved `write-once' update devices which use tiny rolling heads
          similar to mouse balls to deposit colored pigment. All these devices
          require an operator skilled at so-called 'handwriting' technique.
          - From the Jargon File.
        • Miguel Angel Tormo
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2 2:52 AM
            El Lunes 02 Abril 2007 11:42, Ralf Hildebrandt escribió:
            > * Черкендов Александр Армаисович <ch@...-8.ru>:
            > > so how i can get in log something like this?
            > > out>postfix lalala esmtp
            > > ehlo me
            > > 250 lala
            > > 250 lalala
            > > mail from:me@...
            > > rcpt to:u@u.u
            >
            > debug_peer_list=mail.charite.de,other.mail.server
            >
            > in that case you get the logs in that form for
            > mail.charite.de and other.mail.server
            >
            > If all else fail, make the log verbose globally and then use something
            > like syslog-ng to remove the unneeded info.

            I have this filtering configured in syslog-ng for getting only the sessions:

            filter conex_detect {match(" > ") or match(" < ");};
            filter conexiones { program("postfix.*") and filter(conex_detect); };
            log { source(src); filter(conexiones); destination(conexiones); };

            It is not perfect, but works for me.