Re: Transcript of session

  • Черкендов Александр А
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
      "debug_peer_list=ip " don't makes log files less verbose,
      is there other way to get only in and out events
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
        * Черкендов Александр Армаисович <ch@...-8.ru>:

        > "debug_peer_list=ip " don't makes log files less verbose,

        Yes it does. It allows to use NORMAL logging for everything, but
        VERBOSE logging for certain IPs or networks.

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
        http://www.arschkrebs.de
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
          so how i can get in log something like this?
          out>postfix lalala esmtp
          ehlo me
          250 lala
          250 lalala
          mail from:me@...
          rcpt to:u@u.u

          >> "debug_peer_list=ip " don't makes log files less verbose,
          >
          > Yes it does. It allows to use NORMAL logging for everything, but
          > VERBOSE logging for certain IPs or networks.
          >
          > --
          > Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...)
          > plonk@...
          > Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung Tel. +49 (0)30-450
          > 570-155
          > http://www.arschkrebs.de
          > "How would you rate our government's incompetence?
          > Typical unix response: Unmatched ".
        • Ralf Hildebrandt
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
            * Черкендов Александр Армаисович <ch@...-8.ru>:
            > so how i can get in log something like this?
            > out>postfix lalala esmtp
            > ehlo me
            > 250 lala
            > 250 lalala
            > mail from:me@...
            > rcpt to:u@u.u

            debug_peer_list=mail.charite.de,other.mail.server

            in that case you get the logs in that form for
            mail.charite.de and other.mail.server

            If all else fail, make the log verbose globally and then use something
            like syslog-ng to remove the unneeded info.

            --
            Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
            http://www.arschkrebs.de
            Pencil and paper /n./: an archaic information storage and transmission
            device that works by depositing smears of graphite on bleached wood
            pulp. More recent developments in paper-based technology include
            improved `write-once' update devices which use tiny rolling heads
            similar to mouse balls to deposit colored pigment. All these devices
            require an operator skilled at so-called 'handwriting' technique.
            - From the Jargon File.
          • Miguel Angel Tormo
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
              El Lunes 02 Abril 2007 11:42, Ralf Hildebrandt escribió:
              > * Черкендов Александр Армаисович <ch@...-8.ru>:
              > > so how i can get in log something like this?
              > > out>postfix lalala esmtp
              > > ehlo me
              > > 250 lala
              > > 250 lalala
              > > mail from:me@...
              > > rcpt to:u@u.u
              >
              > debug_peer_list=mail.charite.de,other.mail.server
              >
              > in that case you get the logs in that form for
              > mail.charite.de and other.mail.server
              >
              > If all else fail, make the log verbose globally and then use something
              > like syslog-ng to remove the unneeded info.

              I have this filtering configured in syslog-ng for getting only the sessions:

              filter conex_detect {match(" > ") or match(" < ");};
              filter conexiones { program("postfix.*") and filter(conex_detect); };
              log { source(src); filter(conexiones); destination(conexiones); };

              It is not perfect, but works for me.