Postifx mail statistics

  • mailings@good-it.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      I have been using amavis-stats for ages to get my mail statistics.
      Until now this has been working fine for me (even it has been supported
      anymore since 2003).

      But now it start to receive error messages and decided to look out for some
      new mail statistics software.

      What suprised me was that i couldn't find anything which was easy to setup,
      supports multiple domains, supports webhosting which graphs.
      The closests thing was AWstats, but i that's more webserver statistics
      software then mail statistics software.

      Did i overlooked some good software?
      I'd liked to hear from you.

      Thanks in advance already.

      --
      Kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet,
      Johan Barelds - Pith IT
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        On 1-Apr-2007, at 21:43, mailings@... wrote:
        > The closests thing was AWstats, but i that's more webserver statistics
        > software then mail statistics software.

        AWStats has a maillog mode that is quite good.

        That said, there have been numerous exploits in AWStats in the past,
        enough so that I finally gave up on running it myself.

        --
        And, while it was regarded as pretty good evidence of criminality to
        be living in a slum, for some reason owning a whole street of them
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          Am/On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 05:43:06 +0200 schrieb/wrote mailings@...:

          >What suprised me was that i couldn't find anything which was easy to setup,
          >supports multiple domains, supports webhosting which graphs.
          >The closests thing was AWstats, but i that's more webserver statistics
          >software then mail statistics software.
          >
          >Did i overlooked some good software?
          >I'd liked to hear from you.

          did you look into pflogsumm at:
          <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/postfix_contrib.html>
          and mailgraph at:
          <http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/>
          all the best

          Matthias

          --
          To: mailings@..., postfix-users@....
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
            i recommend looking into Lire for daily report generation ( http://
            logreport.org/lire/ ). it produces an extremely comprehensive and
            granular statistical overview of incoming and outgoing traffic and
            will satisfy your multiple domain and graphing requirements as well.

            you may find a combination of real-time monitoring using mailgraph
            and queuegraph and Lire for historical reporting is the perfect setup.

            -brandon