Cant receive emails

  • Alexandros Fragkiadakis
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi,
      I've installed postfix,mailscanner,clamav and spamassasin in my server. When i write "header_checks=regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks" in main.cf and "/^Received:/ HOLD" in header_checks file, i cant receive any email. If i comment these, postfix works again.
      Do you know what the problem is?

      Thanks,

      Alexandros
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Alexandros Fragkiadakis wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I've installed postfix,mailscanner,clamav and spamassasin in my server. When i write "header_checks=regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks" in main.cf and "/^Received:/ HOLD" in header_checks file,

        and why do you do that?

        > i cant receive any email. If i comment these, postfix works again.
        > Do you know what the problem is?

        there is no problem. all mail contains a Received: header, thus you are
        asking postfix to hold all mail (mailq will show it, and postsuper can
        help release it).

        don't try random configuration directives.
      • Matt Hayes
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          Alexandros Fragkiadakis wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I've installed postfix,mailscanner,clamav and spamassasin in my server. When i write "header_checks=regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks" in main.cf and "/^Received:/ HOLD" in header_checks file, i cant receive any email. If i comment these, postfix works again.
          > Do you know what the problem is?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Alexandros

          Alexandros,

          Assuming that you have /var/spool/MailScanner/{incoming|quarantine}, try
          this:

          chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
          chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

          Make sure the user/group match what you used for your postfix installation.

          -Matt
        • Adrian Ulrich
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
            > and why do you do that?