Problem with Postfix and SASL/NTLM

  • Adso Baskerville
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 12:47 PM
      Hi people

      Recently I adquire an SmartPhone with Windows Mobile, and I want to use the mail program for send/receive mail. When I config the PDA to use my server, I can receive mail, but I cant send.

      Every time I try to send mail to a domain outer the server with the PDA (with thunderbird, outlook, etc I have no problems) I have this error

      Mar 31 00:21:42 www postfix/smtpd[24525]: connect from unknown[ XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]
      Mar 31 00:21:43 www postfix/smtpd[24525]: warning: unknown[XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]: SASL NTLM authentication failed
      Mar 31 00:21:44 www postfix/smtpd[24525]: disconnect from unknown[XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]

      Searching in google I can see that a lot of people have this error, but they have another error accompanied: "SASL authentication failure: no secret in database", but I dont have this error.

      I try to configure other mail accounts in the PDA (gmail, Yahoo..) and there is no problem at all (I can receive and send).
      Any Idea?

      P.S. I can post the config files if you want

      Thanks
    • Patrick Ben Koetter
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        * Adso Baskerville <adso.basker@...>:
        > Recently I adquire an SmartPhone with Windows Mobile, and I want to use the
        > mail program for send/receive mail. When I config the PDA to use my server,
        > I can receive mail, but I cant send.
        >
        > Every time I try to send mail to a domain outer the server with the PDA
        > (with thunderbird, outlook, etc I have no problems) I have this error
        >
        > Mar 31 00:21:42 www postfix/smtpd[24525]: connect from unknown[ > XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]
        > Mar 31 00:21:43 www postfix/smtpd[24525]: warning: unknown[XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]: > SASL NTLM authentication failed
        > Mar 31 00:21:44 www postfix/smtpd[24525]: disconnect from unknown[ > XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]
        >
        > Searching in google I can see that a lot of people have this error, but they
        > have another error accompanied: "SASL authentication failure: no secret in
        > database", but I dont have this error.
        >
        > I try to configure other mail accounts in the PDA (gmail, Yahoo..) and there
        > is no problem at all (I can receive and send).
        > Any Idea?

        You use saslauthd and/or crypted passwords.

        > P.S. I can post the config files if you want

        Yes, that's a good idea.

        p@rick

        --
        The Book of Postfix