Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Long domains

Expand Messages
  • Pierguido
    ... Hash: SHA1 I noticed i get always errors if i try to use a long (more than 32 character) domain names. I use postfix and mysql as backend. Is there a known
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
      Hash: SHA1

      I noticed i get always errors if i try to use a long (more than 32
      character) domain names.
      I use postfix and mysql as backend.
      Is there a known problem wit postfix and long domains?

      Pier
      -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
      Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
      Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

      iD8DBQFGC+0w0EvuLV/O0yoRAuYEAKDvzmoD4zpEJHeNWgWv81d19R4ytwCeIa3d
      I/imkPaHjJDE3oq9gBtn71Y=
      =BKSp
      -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
    • Victor Duchovni
      ... No, but your MySQL schema may limit the width of some of the columns. -- Viktor. Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored. Please
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 06:45:36PM +0200, Pierguido wrote:

        > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
        > Hash: SHA1
        >
        > I noticed i get always errors if i try to use a long (more than 32
        > character) domain names.
        > I use postfix and mysql as backend.
        > Is there a known problem wit postfix and long domains?

        No, but your MySQL schema may limit the width of some of the columns.

        --
        Viktor.

        Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
        Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.

        To unsubscribe from the postfix-users list, visit
        http://www.postfix.org/lists.html or click the link below:
        <mailto:majordomo@...?body=unsubscribe%20postfix-users>

        If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not
        send an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put
        "It worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.
      • Pierguido
        ... Hash: SHA1 ... I was thinking too, but all domains fields are 255 long. This are the result of my trying: postmap -v -q alephweb.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
          Hash: SHA1

          Victor Duchovni wrote:
          >> I noticed i get always errors if i try to use a long (more than 32
          >> character) domain names.
          >> I use postfix and mysql as backend.
          >> Is there a known problem wit postfix and long domains?
          >
          > No, but your MySQL schema may limit the width of some of the columns.
          I was thinking too, but all domains fields are 255 long.
          This are the result of my trying:



          postmap -v -q alephweb.com mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

          [...]
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: user =
          openvispadmin
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
          password = xxxxxxxxxxx
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: dbname
          = openvispadmin
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
          result_format = %s
          postmap: cfg_get_int: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
          expansion_limit = 0
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: query
          = SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain='%s' and backupmx='0' and
          active='1'
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: domain =
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: hosts
          = 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_open: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          postmap: dict_mysql_get_active: attempting to connect to host 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_mysql: successful connection to host 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_mysql: successful query from host 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_mysql_lookup: retrieved 1 rows

          It returns zero...so everything works.

          postmap -v -q galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com
          mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

          [...]
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: user =
          openvispadmin
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
          password = xxxxxxxxxxx
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: dbname
          = openvispadmin
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
          result_format = %s
          postmap: cfg_get_int: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
          expansion_limit = 0
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: query
          = SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain='%s' and backupmx='0' and
          active='1'
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: domain =
          postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: hosts
          = 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_open: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          postmap: dict_mysql_get_active: attempting to connect to host 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_mysql: successful connection to host 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_mysql: successful query from host 127.0.0.1
          postmap: dict_mysql_lookup: retrieved 1 rows
          postmap: warning: table
          "mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf": empty lookup result
          for: "galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com" -- ignored

          and is not working.

          Pier
          -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
          Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
          Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

          iD8DBQFGDLN80EvuLV/O0yoRAnXHAJ4+ha/1PbgzzVaXpvJHescKXOvEDgCeM08F
          u26nu2UZn3j/lQMq5s6LArg=
          =DfPi
          -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
        • Pierguido
          ... Hash: SHA1 Pierguido wrote: [...] ... I checked that mysql is working right...a sql query in mysql works well. I don t know anymore what i can still check.
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
            Hash: SHA1

            Pierguido wrote:
            [...]
            > "mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf": empty lookup result
            > for: "galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com" -- ignored
            >
            I checked that mysql is working right...a sql query in mysql works well.
            I don't know anymore what i can still check.

            Pier
            -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
            Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
            Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

            iD8DBQFGDTWN0EvuLV/O0yoRAi//AJ4xCLv/u58FNidFExJmPRp2NXs8PgCfboha
            dJJii1dCO1AvRlfQwGiIcbs=
            =LrD+
            -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
          • mouss
            ... what that says is that the result of the query is an empty string, which is not good... run the query at the mysql prompt. SELECT description FROM domain
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              Pierguido wrote:
              > [snip]
              > postmap -v -q galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com
              > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
              >
              > [...]
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: user =
              > openvispadmin
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
              > password = xxxxxxxxxxx
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: dbname
              > = openvispadmin
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
              > result_format = %s
              > postmap: cfg_get_int: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf:
              > expansion_limit = 0
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: query
              > = SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain='%s' and backupmx='0' and
              > active='1'
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: domain =
              > postmap: cfg_get_str: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf: hosts
              > = 127.0.0.1
              > postmap: dict_open: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
              > postmap: dict_mysql_get_active: attempting to connect to host 127.0.0.1
              > postmap: dict_mysql: successful connection to host 127.0.0.1
              > postmap: dict_mysql: successful query from host 127.0.0.1
              > postmap: dict_mysql_lookup: retrieved 1 rows
              > postmap: warning: table
              > "mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf": empty lookup result
              > for: "galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com" -- ignored
              >
              > and is not working.
              >

              what that says is that the result of the query is an empty string, which
              is not good...

              run the query at the mysql prompt.

              SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
              domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com'
              and backupmx='0' and active='1'

              (exactly as it is) and show the result.
            • Pierguido
              ... Hash: SHA1 ... Database changed mysql SELECT description FROM domain WHERE - domain= galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com - and backupmx= 0 and
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
                Hash: SHA1

                mouss wrote:
                > what that says is that the result of the query is an empty string, which
                > is not good...
                >
                > run the query at the mysql prompt.
                >
                > SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
                > domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com'
                > and backupmx='0' and active='1'
                >
                > (exactly as it is) and show the result.
                >
                >
                >
                >
                Database changed
                mysql> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
                -> domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com'
                -> and backupmx='0' and active='1'
                -> ;
                +-------------+
                | description |
                +-------------+
                | |
                +-------------+
                1 row in set (0.01 sec)

                mysql>


                Anyway i made already that kind of proof but with phpmyadmin...it looks
                like there is something with postfix amd mysql.
                Could it be because i use the vda patch?
                I'm using postfix 2.3.7, debian etch.
                There is postfix 2.3.8 now, but i didn't see the vda patch for that
                version, so i'd like to stay with this one.

                Pier
                -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
                Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
                Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

                iD8DBQFGEKbk0EvuLV/O0yoRAr+NAJ4ziC1Z3/DeOGYLYL20m9h488RHogCeO6SR
                h058DMi0d6gQXkOWhn7F6sc=
                =akSY
                -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
              • mouss
                ... Search for skipped in http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html Either remove the row from your table or put something in the description field.
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  Pierguido wrote:
                  > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
                  > Hash: SHA1
                  >
                  > mouss wrote:
                  >
                  >> what that says is that the result of the query is an empty string, which
                  >> is not good...
                  >>
                  >> run the query at the mysql prompt.
                  >>
                  >> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
                  >> domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com'
                  >> and backupmx='0' and active='1'
                  >>
                  >> (exactly as it is) and show the result.
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  > Database changed
                  > mysql> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
                  > -> domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com'
                  > -> and backupmx='0' and active='1'
                  > -> ;
                  > +-------------+
                  > | description |
                  > +-------------+
                  > | |
                  > +-------------+
                  > 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
                  >
                  > mysql>
                  >
                  >

                  Search for "skipped" in
                  http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html

                  Either remove the row from your table or put something in the
                  description field.
                • Pierguido
                  ... Hash: SHA1 ... mysql SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain= alephweb.com and backupmx= 0 and active= 1 ; +-------------+ ... +-------------+ ...
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
                    Hash: SHA1

                    mouss wrote:
                    >
                    > Search for "skipped" in
                    > http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html
                    >
                    > Either remove the row from your table or put something in the
                    > description field.
                    >
                    mysql> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain='alephweb.com' and
                    backupmx='0' and active='1';
                    +-------------+
                    | description |
                    +-------------+
                    | |
                    +-------------+
                    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

                    mysql> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
                    domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com' and backupmx='0' and active='1';
                    +-------------+
                    | description |
                    +-------------+
                    | |
                    +-------------+
                    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

                    mysql>

                    This are two query in mysql...the first one is not working, the second yes.
                    UHm...right now, while i was writing, i noticed one thing...i was
                    modiying the description of every domain...and i saw that in every
                    domain there is a space character...in the long domains not...that is
                    probably the reason of the error.
                    Now i'll check the application should manage this...maybe a bug.
                    Thank you very much for your patience.

                    Pier
                    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
                    Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
                    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

                    iD8DBQFGEQPE0EvuLV/O0yoRAl8CAJ9c/JjCRmVnezUUkGwiZAJ1BnxXwgCgty46
                    jWIKozWqYYhElVmZCPJ/xnc=
                    =mcGS
                    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
                  • mouss
                    ... SELECT 1 FROM domain WHERE ... is probably what you want.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Pierguido wrote:
                      > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
                      > Hash: SHA1
                      >
                      > mouss wrote:
                      >
                      >> Search for "skipped" in
                      >> http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html
                      >>
                      >> Either remove the row from your table or put something in the
                      >> description field.
                      >>
                      >>
                      > mysql> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE domain='alephweb.com' and
                      > backupmx='0' and active='1';
                      > +-------------+
                      > | description |
                      > +-------------+
                      > | |
                      > +-------------+
                      > 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
                      >
                      > mysql> SELECT description FROM domain WHERE
                      > domain='galleriadelsecondorinascimento.com' and backupmx='0' and active='1';
                      > +-------------+
                      > | description |
                      > +-------------+
                      > | |
                      > +-------------+
                      > 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
                      >
                      > mysql>
                      >
                      > This are two query in mysql...the first one is not working, the second yes.
                      > UHm...right now, while i was writing, i noticed one thing...i was
                      > modiying the description of every domain...and i saw that in every
                      > domain there is a space character...in the long domains not...that is
                      > probably the reason of the error.
                      > Now i'll check the application should manage this...maybe a bug.
                      > Thank you very much for your patience.
                      >

                      SELECT 1 FROM domain WHERE ...

                      is probably what you want.
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.