relay access denied

  • Tom Lee
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 19 5:22 PM
      Hello,

      I tried to send the email to a client and the mail got bounced back with the
      following error:

      The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
      'Paul xxxxx' on 3/19/2007 4:10 PM
      554 <pxxxx@...>: Relay access denied

      Does it mean the the client's mail server has the configuration problem to
      receive the email?
      is there any thing I can do in my mail server site?
      I don't have the problem to send the email to the other people. I use
      postfix-2.2.2.

      There is another problem I noticed. I have two mail servers. The client's
      mail server has two MX IP address assuming xx.xx.xx.xx and yy.yy.yy.yy. One
      of my mail server mailA can send the email successfully to xx.xx.xx.xx
      client connecting with xx.xx.xx.xx. Another mail server mailB will be denied
      with "Relay Access denied" error and the mail log shows that it tried to
      connect using client's differnt MX IP address yy.yy.yy.yy. is there some
      way to config postfix so that it can always pick up xx.xx.xx.xx not using
      yy.yy.yy.yy?

      thanks.

      Tom

      5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
      quotes - *Terms
      https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910
    • Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt.
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 23, 2013
        > On 1/23/2013 12:12 PM, Bernics Gábor | Penta Unió Zrt. wrote:
        >> thanks
        >>
        >> postfix log:
        >>
        >> xx.xxx.xx[89.135.xxx.xx]: 554 5.7.1 <info@...>: Relay access
        >> denied;
        >>
        >> postconf:
        >>
        >> http://pastebin.com/YSFbKDjw
        >
        > 'postconf -n' NOT 'postconf -d'

        thanks everyone

        I corrected the recipient restrictions, it works.

        Have a nice day!

        alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
        alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
        append_dot_mydomain = no
        biff = no
        bounce_size_limit = 15000000
        config_directory = /etc/postfix
        debug_peer_level = 4
        inet_interfaces = all
        mailbox_size_limit = 0
        mailbox_transport = dovecot
        message_size_limit = 15000000
        mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain
        myhostname = mail.penta.hu
        mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        readme_directory = no
        recipient_delimiter = +
        relayhost =
        smtp_destination_rate_delay = 10s
        smtpd_client_restrictions =
        smtpd_helo_restrictions =
        permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination,
        reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net, reject_rbl_client
        sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
        reject_unknown_hostname, reject_invalid_hostname,
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient check_policy_service
        inet:127.0.0.1:60000, permit
        smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
        smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
        smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
        smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
        smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
        smtpd_use_tls = yes
        virtual_alias_domains =
        virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
        mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
        virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
        virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
        virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
        virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
        virtual_transport = dovecot
        virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

        --
        Tisztelettel:

        Bernics Gábor
        Informatikus

        Penta Unió Zrt.

        Mobil: 30/389-2627
        E-mail: it@...

        Amennyiben hozzá kívánja adni a névjegyemet a névjegyzékéhez,
        kattintson ide!