Re: Integrating User list

  • Noah Dain
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 10:08 AM
      On 2/28/07, Sandy Drobic <postfix-users@...> wrote:
      > Davide Ferrari wrote:
      > > El Wednesday 28 February 2007 17:27:28 Sandy Drobic escribió:
      > >> I prefer to use a script to extract a list of valid addresses via ldap
      > >> from our domino server and compile a hash file with valid addresses. That
      > >> way it doesn't matter if the domino server is shut down for maintenance,
      > >> mails will be received and not rejected.
      > >
      > > Yes, this is a good point (and moreover if you're running the postfix server
      > > in a DMZ while the AD stays in LAN).
      > >
      > > In my case my users "float" very much, and I have no need for a DMZ, so I've
      > > chosen the LDAP solution.
      >
      > I needed to cleanup the result anyway, so I couldn't use a direct map.
      > Since our userbase is only a few hundred addresses and the server is
      > idling most of the time I can afford to run the script every five minutes.
      > It only takes a few seconds anyway and sends a report when the
      > relay_recipients have changed.
      >

      > --
      > Sandy
      >
      > List replies only please!
      > Please address PMs to: news-reply2 (@) japantest (.) homelinux (.) com

      if it's not been mentioned already, this does a good job of pulling
      all email addresses from ad and making the postfix mapping:

      http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/
      alternatively:
      http://www2.origogeneris.com:4000/relay_recipients.html

      --
      Noah Dain
      "The beatings will continue, until moral improves" - the Management