Re: Outbound mail saturating T1 link

  • Glenn English
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 11:10 AM
        At 07:29 PM 2/28/2007, Jeff Thurston wrote:
        >I am looking for a way to more or less control outbound email congestion,
        >caused specifically by our sales people.
        >About once a month each of them sends an email to their distribution lists,
        >ranging in size between 2500-15000 contacts world wide.
        >We're not sending spam, these people are actively subscribed to our
        >newsletters.

        Give the sales group their own dedicated mail server for outgoing
        mail (can be another instance of postfix on the existing server, on a
        different IP) and use QoS on your router or firewall to limit
        outgoing mail bandwidth for that IP.

        Sell this to the sales group by calling it a dedicated server to
        better handle their needs.

        Harmony is restored to the universe.

        --
        Noel Jones