Re: PostFix - Dovecot MailDir setup question

  • Luigi Rosa
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
      jorgo99991@... said the following on 1/3/2007 15:54:

      > How does your PostFix/Dovecot setup look like

      In dovecot.conf:
      mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%u/
      (mail_location is the new setting equivalent to default_mail_env)

      In main.cf:
      mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail/

      Ciao,
      luigi

      --
      /
      +--[Luigi Rosa]--

      Every program has (at least) two purposes: the one for which it was
      written and another for which it wasn't.
    • jorgo99991@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
        I have neither set and everything seems to work, should I set them or better to leave as is?

        jorgo99991@... said the following on 1/3/2007 15:54:

        > How does your PostFix/Dovecot setup look like

        In dovecot.conf:
        mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%u/
        (mail_location is the new setting equivalent to default_mail_env)

        In main.cf:
        mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail/

        Ciao,
        luigi

        -- /

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
          Leave it as is for now.  When you upgrade dovecot you will need to change it.