Re: list exploder performance issues?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2007
      On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 08:34:10PM -0300, Eduardo Kienetz wrote:

      > I have 'heard' somewhere that these softwares group e-mails by domain
      > so that they would all be delivered as Bcc at once to the final smtp.
      > That is: only one smtp connection would be used for a given domain and
      > not many individual ones.

      This is generally not necessary, Postfix will do the same grouping within
      a "window" of a few thousand consecutive recipients in the queue file. If
      no substantial groping is possible within such a window, it is not very
      likely that significantly more grouping is available across "windows".

      If the query that performs the alias expansion returns recipients sorted
      by domain, Postfix will retain that order and group optimally.