SASL Auth problem

  • Brent
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Can anyone give me an idea as to why postfix is denying relaying from these
      logs:

      Log: http://pastebin.ca/335917
      Postconf: http://pastebin.ca/335920

      It appears that SASL successfully authenticates the user, but still denies
      the message.

      Thanks,

      Brent
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        At 12:27 PM 2/1/2007, Brent wrote:
        >Can anyone give me an idea as to why postfix is denying relaying from these
        >logs:
        >
        >Log: http://pastebin.ca/335917
        >Postconf: http://pastebin.ca/335920
        >

        >It appears that SASL successfully authenticates the user, but still denies
        >the message.

        It would be a lot easier to find the error if you posted non-verbose
        logs and "postconf -n" output as requested.

        The problem is you have configured:
        smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject
        which will reject any mail not originating from mynetworks (which you
        defined as only localhost). Unless this host is an MSA (Mail
        Submission Agent - only accepts mail from authorized users and not
        from the internet) you should remove this line. If this is an MSA,
        add permit_sasl_authenticated to the offending line.

        --
        Noel Jones