Re: Double spooling/sending problem

  • Phil Barbier
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      Wietse,

      Thanks for the response.

      I'm not sure what else this issue could be, I was assuming postfix
      handled the spooling/queuing of messages as well. For this to NOT be
      postfix seems a little unlikely, being that it's occuring from
      different sources (cron, PHP e-mails) on the system. If this is not
      the case, then what handles the receiving end, and are there good
      ways of debugging that process?

      Thanks,

      Phil.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        Phil Barbier:
        > Wietse,
        >
        > Thanks for the response.
        >
        > I'm not sure what else this issue could be,

        You tested submission via SMTP, but not via /usr/sbin/sendmail.

        See if the problem happens there.

        Wietse

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
          Phil Barbier wrote:
          > Hi there all,
          >
          > I've got a strange problem that manifested itself (seemingly from
          > nowhere) after a crash/load spike and subsequent hard reset of my web
          > server. The server is a FBSD6.1 box, and postfix runs alongside apache
          > (1.3.xx) in a jail, all was working just fine prior to the reboot (at
          > least I assume the reboot is partially responsible here).
          >
          > I am getting two copies of every e-mail that is set to go out. I've
          > tested this with our web-based eNewsletter software, it sends two. I
          > checked the software, made sure things looked OK there - the software
          > is behaving properly.

          Look for the possibility of this software retrying to send a mail if a
          first attempt takes too much time.