Re: Messages getting stuck in queue

  • Fernando Dal Moro
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Fernando Dal Moro wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > I have an Ubuntu server running Postfix and MailScanner as per this
      > HowTo ->
      > http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_antispam_mailscanner_clamav_ubuntu
      >
      > It has been working great for the last 3-4 months. Today at 6AM MST the
      > email started accumulating in the incoming directory. Email is still going
      > through which is what baffles. It just takes a long time. CPU/RAM are fine
      > -> http://63.84.30.59/mailscanner-mrtg/

      It sounds like something has changed with your MailScanner config/setup
      that is slowing down its processing.

      --
      Michael Wang

      I was afraid someone might say that. OK I'l check on the MailScanner lists for an help.

      Fernando

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:23:46AM -0700, Fernando Dal Moro wrote:

        > > > Today at 6AM MST the email started accumulating in the incoming
        > > > directory. Email is still going through which is what baffles.
        > > > It just takes a long time. CPU/RAM are fine
        > >
        > > It sounds like something has changed with your MailScanner config/setup
        > > that is slowing down its processing.
        >
        > I was afraid someone might say that. OK I'l check on the MailScanner lists
        > for an help.

        Don't speculate, measure. Read http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html
        Analyze the queues and logs and find the bottleneck.