Re: postfix open relay - Please help.

  • Kai F├╝rstenberg
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 1, 2007
      Noel Jones schrieb:
      > At 11:53 PM 1/30/2007, Kai F├╝rstenberg wrote:
      >> I think the problem is the order of the restrictions:
      >> The first is smtpd_client_restrictions. You have set a permit there.
      >> If the client is not rejected in /etc/postfix/access, he will be able
      >> to relay mail and it doesn't matter what you configurered later, just
      >> because of the "permit". The second is smtpd_helo_restrictions, but
      >> you haven't set. Third is smtpd_sender_restriction. You have another
      >> permit here. And last is smtpd_recipient_restrictions. Here you have
      >> reject_unauth_destination which is never reached, because of the
      >> several permits before.
      >
      > Ignore this incorrect advice.
      Please explain.
      As I understand the documentation, if you set "permit" somewhere in the
      restrictions, the mail is accepted. So if you set
      smtpd_client_restrictions just to "permit", postfix will accept all
      mails, also foreign mail.

      > We have still seen no evidence that Sam's system is an open relay, and
      > I doubt that it is.
      I agree if you take the output of postconf -n from the previous postings.

      Kai
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 21, 2007
        At 12:23 AM 2/21/2007, John wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >I wish to restrict an internal mailing list to stop spam on one of
        >our main distribution lists. I can across the following instructions
        >which looked very definitive and promising:
        >
        >http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#internal-list
        >
        >I'm using postfix version 2.1.5-9. The server isn't throwing any
        >errors, but appears to ignore the configuration as described in the
        >above article.
        >
        >Any suggestions would be most welcome. Any links to good articles to
        >Postfix troubleshooting would be really welcome too.

        Show us what you've done and how it's not working. Show "postconf
        -n" output plus the definitions of your smtpd_restriction_classes and
        logs demonstrating the problem.

        Noel Jones