Re: Back information about mail account address changing

  • sosogh@126.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
      Zhang, Steve,hi!

      You can use relocated

      you can delete the OLD  USER infromation,but the OLD DOMAIN information must  REMAIN on the  old mail system

      e.g: we want postfix to tell that   nonexsit@...  has move to  newaddress@...

      Steps:

      (1)add this entry in /etc/postfix/main.cf
      relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated_maps

      (2)create text file  /etc/postfix/relocated_maps and add the following entry into it

      (3)postmap   /etc/postfix/relocated_maps

      (4)/etc/init.d/postfix  reload

      Ang then when you make a smtp connect to the postfix mail server ,send mail to nonexsit@... ,you will get the following error message:

      550 nonexsit@... recipient address rejected user  has moved to  newaddress@...

      ======== 2007-01-31 16:41:34 ========

      Hi all guys

      Nice to meet you

      Now my old mail system is postfix mail system, and mail address is steve.zhang@...

      And new mail address is stev.zhang@...

      And I will delete all accounts on the old postfix system

      and my destination is that

      1, when mail deliveried from outside mail adrress such as steve.liu@... need to back some messages

      To tell steve.liu

      2.These messages are that my old mail address is invid ,please send to my new mail address:steve.zhang@...

      3,Edit one or some files and execute some commands to accomplish these functions

      So what files do I need to edit and what commands do I execute?

      Waiting for some feadbacks from you ,

      Thanks you.

      Best regards

      Steve