auth_authen auth_author

  • Adam Jacob Muller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      What is the difference between the auth_authen macro and the
      auth_author macro, when using milters I only ever see auth_auth with
      a value (when I SASL authenticate), any idea what auth_author is for
      and when I might encounter it?

      -Adam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        Adam Jacob Muller:
        > What is the difference between the auth_authen macro and the
        > auth_author macro, when using milters I only ever see auth_auth with
        > a value (when I SASL authenticate), any idea what auth_author is for
        > and when I might encounter it?

        According to MILTER_README:

        +--------------------+-------------------------+--------------------------+
        |Name |Availability |Description |
        |{auth_authen} |MAIL, DATA, EOM |SASL login name |
        |{auth_author} |MAIL, DATA, EOM |SASL sender |
        |{auth_type} |MAIL, DATA, EOM |SASL login method |

        See also :

        http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html
        http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2554.html