Re: about special relay due to earthquake from Taiwan

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2007
      Dogz wrote:
      > 2006/12/31, mouss <usebsd@...>:
      >> Dogz wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Thank you for your information.
      >> > It seems that I can't use postfix to do that, or maybe it can, just
      >> can't
      >> > find the way to do it.
      >> > But I have done to build another mail server in Windows platform for
      >> > forwarding the mails to specific mail address, and my postfix server
      >> > relays
      >> > this server to send out the emails.
      >>
      >> if you describe what you did on windows, we'll tell you how to do it
      >> with postfix.
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > There are several Mail server in windows platform, such like Mdaemon
      > (sharware), hMailServer(GPL), they can do that.
      > For example, run Mdaemon, click gateway, choose "new gateway", enter
      > the name of the domain and the directory where you want to store
      > incoming mail for the domain, then click "Forwarding" , checked
      > "Forward mail to this email address" and enter the email address.

      so if I understand, this is a virtual alias configuration.

      >> If what you want is send mail for *@*.cn to dogz.cn@...,
      >> then a virtual alias like
      >> /\.cn$/ dogz.cn@...
      >> will do. But as said before
      >
      > I am not sure if I misunderstand what you said, it is showed "Relay
      > access denied"
      >
      > I added "virtual_alias_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias" into
      > main.cf, and create "/etc/postfix/virtual_alias" contained "/\.cn$/
      > kusoit@..."
      >
      > and reload postfix, then test it from outside network.

      please provide enough infos: how you test it, what the logs say, ... etc.

      if you get "relay access denied", then the domain is not in your relay
      domains. so your postfix will not accept mail for this domain unless you
      come from mynetworks (or you use auth or TLS, and configure these in
      smtpd recipient restrictions)...