Re: maRBL equivalent without Perl modules dependencies?

  • Shaun T. Erickson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      On 12/31/06, M. Fioretti <mfioretti@...> wrote:

      > the only problem I have with maRBL is that it relies on Perl
      > _modules_.
      >
      > I will go with it if there is no other way, but I'd rather avoid
      > something that doesn't want to be automatically updated with yum, apt
      > or whatever is available (unless you create and maintain your own
      > packages and repo, which may be even more work sometimes).
      >
      > So the question is "do you know any other way to do the exact same
      > thing as maRBL but only using software which is available as an rpm
      > for Centos (in my case) or, generally, as a binary package which can
      > be installed and maintained with yum, apt etc...?"

      In my case - running CentOS 4.4 - I use various repositories and I
      have managed to find every perl module I've ever needed, as an RPM,
      except for one that maRBL wanted - Net::RBLClient. I couldn't find
      that one packaged anywhere, so I built it, noted what it installed
      (very little) and whent on my way. If I run across it packaged, later,
      I'll manually remove it and install the package, as I, too, like to
      have a 100% RPM-based system. But I'm not going to let it stop me from
      using a good tool. :)
      --
      -ste