Resolved: SAV Probe v. Backscatter Issue

  • David Cary Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006
      PF documentation is really great these days. I used to refer to the
      docs as something akin to Talmudic study. They are now
      comprehensible, even to this idiot. THANKS GUYS!

      Victor Duchovni is correct. I have eliminated rejecting mail from
      null.

      What I am doing now is using a regexp virtual alias map with a
      catchall for each spam domain. The net effect is that SAV probes and
      backscatter are accepted. Only the backscatter gets delivered to the
      spam mailbox. This breaks SAV but completely eliminates the
      ambiguity. Users are DUNNOd in the RecipChecks and spam traps are OKd.
      This gives far fewer clues to spammers.

      Ultimately, this led to a complete redesign of the spam parsing
      engine ( http://tqmcube.com/parser.php ) and how we were including
      data in MySQL.

      --
      Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com