Re: filter gateway..looking for some direction?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2006
      Henrik Hudson wrote:
      > Hey List-
      >
      > I'm just looking for some direction on this...I'm not even sure if it's easily
      > obtainable? Anyways.... i'm trying to configure a postfix / dspam setup as a
      > filter for outgoing mail from our webservers. We're running into a lot
      > of "CGI / PHP form submission SPAM" and I want to smarthost all our outgoing
      > email through one filter server.
      >
      > The server should filter all incoming email, block any "spam" and dump it into
      > a single "account" (checkable via the dspam webGUI and the only training will
      > occur here) and pass anything else on to it's destination..is this possible?

      use dspam in relay mode. see relay.txt (or gateway.txt...) in the dspam
      distrib.

      > I don't want to / can't create accounts for "all" email and we aren't the
      > final destination for any of the email anyway, so no local accounts outside
      > of the "admin" accounts.

      - where would bounces go?
      - where would replies go?

      > Anyone have some input? Use something besides dspam? Any docs on the web? I
      > tried some googling, but couldn't find anything specific. I might not be
      > using the right keywords though :)

      - do you want filtering on a per sender basis? dspam (and other filters)
      will filter by recipient, unless you chose site wide config.

      anyway, you can start with a "simple" setup:

      postfix ==[LMTP]==> dspam ==[SMTP]==> postfix

      by following the FILTER README, as well as dspam docs (doc/relay.txt in
      particular). see also
      http://dspamwiki.expass.de/Installation/Postfix/RelayStepByStep

      For how to get the best of dspam (accuracy, training, cgi interface,
      ...), ask on the dspam ML.