Re: Queue fills up when too many mails to relay

  • Tonni Earnshaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2006
      Jesper Weiland / Exonet:

      [...]

      > I've set the amavis processes in the amavis conf and the master.cf; it
      > helped me out. No mails in the queue anymore. I'm now looking at the tmpfs
      > solution which looks nice. I only have to think about what to do with
      > stored virusmails. I cannot save them in my RAM and I'm not sure if it
      > will stay fast when I just store them on another location on the disk.

      This site has amavis' temporary files on a tmpfs partition and the
      quarantine on a regular file system. The amount of stuff writen to (and
      then deleted on) the tmpfs system far exceeds the stuff writen to
      /var/virusalert and costs most of the amavisd-new resources. This alone
      has speeded up amavisd-new throughput by a factor of at least 10.

      Best,

      --Tonni

      --
      Tonni Earnshaw