Re: Policy Server Protocol - Enhancement Request #1

  • Mark Martinec
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
      On Saturday December 2 2006 01:21, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
      > My (trivial) plan is that for each local mail user... which in my case
      > here always corresponds to some actual UNIX "user" account (i.e. an entry
      > in /etc/passwd)... a smallish data base will be maintained for that user
      > of _all_ of the e-mail addresses that he's sent e-mail to. That's his
      > whitelist. If anybody on his whitelist sends him any kind of automated
      > bounce, or any kind of automated response at all, it will be let in.
      > It's just that simple.

      Btw, this is pretty much how 'pen pals' feature in amavisd-new works.
      See release notes: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/release-notes.txt
      and search for:
      - new feature: "pen pals soft-whitelisting" lowers spam score of received
      replies (or followup correspondence) to a message previously sent by a
      local user to this address;

      Mark