Re: Transport Problem

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      At 09:52 AM 12/1/2006, Mirco Bakker wrote:
      >Hi
      >
      >I try to configure a Postfix mail relay/firewall. So far
      >everything works fine. The incoming and outgoing mails for
      >my domain are relayd nicely. My problem is that the relay
      >itself isn't able to send any mails.
      >
      >If I send a mail to a user on the internal mail server
      >using sendmail, postfix doesn't lookup the transport map
      >(I assume transport is bypassed). Instead it looks up the
      >domains mx record and treis to send the mail to its proxy
      >interface.
      >
      >Any Ideas? TIA, Mirco

      Remove sendmail(TM) and use the sendmail program included
      with postfix.

      >- main.cf
      >smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP
      >
      >mydomain = localhost
      >myorigin = host.example.com
      >mydestination =
      >local_recipient_maps =
      >local_transport = error:local mail delivery is disabled
      >
      >transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
      >relay_domains = $transport_maps

      Don't use $transport_maps as relay_domains. If you should
      decide to add a special transport for some external site
      you will become an open relay to that site. Safer:
      transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_transports
      hash:/etc/postfix/transport
      relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_transports

      >proxy_interfaces = mail.example.com

      proxy_interfaces should be your external IP address, not a
      hostname.

      --
      Noel Jones