Re: R: Database authentication trouble

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
      On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:54:59AM +0100, Rocco Scappatura wrote:

      > virtual_alias_maps =
      > proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias.cf
      >
      > while I think the major of connection come from lookup in mailbox table..

      Because smtpd does virtual(5) lookups during recipient validation, and
      it is not uncommon to have hundreds of running smtpd processes that can
      overwhelm the MySQL server.

      Because cleanup does virtual(5) lookups during address rewriting, and
      it is not uncommon to have hundreds of running cleanup processes that
      can overwhelm the MySQL server.

      > virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf
      >
      > where /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-maps.cf contains the username and password for POP3/POP3-SSL/IMAP/IMAP-SSL authentication.

      This table has nothing to do with usernames/passwords, it stores mailbox
      paths.