Re: hard bounce on queue messages

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:

      > Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
      > x number of days?

      bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
      http://www.postfix-buch.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:03:52PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

        > * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:
        >
        > > Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
        > > x number of days?
        >
        > bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d

        I think the OP is looking for maximal_queue_lifetime...

      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:

          > And 5d is the default?

          postconf -d bounce_queue_lifetime

          will tell.

          --
          Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
          http://www.postfix-buch.com
          He who can smile in the face of adversity
          has found somebody else to blame it on.
        • Ralf Hildebrandt
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            * Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>:

            > > > Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
            > > > x number of days?
            > >
            > > bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d
            >
            > I think the OP is looking for maximal_queue_lifetime...

            Oh, indeed.

            --
            Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
            http://www.postfix-buch.com
            To correct all M$ Windows(tm) problems, only one small command is necessary:
            > format C: (then press y)
            Bingo! Your Windows(tm) computer is now secure, stable, and every bit as
            useful as before.
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
              On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:48:10PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

              > * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:
              >
              > > And 5d is the default?
              >
              > postconf -d bounce_queue_lifetime
              >
              > will tell.

              And of course the OP was really asking about maximal_queue_lifetime...