hard bounce on queue messages

  • Dan McCullough
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
      x number of days?
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:

        > Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
        > x number of days?

        bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
        http://www.postfix-buch.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:03:52PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

          > * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:
          >
          > > Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
          > > x number of days?
          >
          > bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d

          I think the OP is looking for maximal_queue_lifetime...

        • Ralf Hildebrandt
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:

            > And 5d is the default?

            postconf -d bounce_queue_lifetime

            will tell.

            --
            Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
            http://www.postfix-buch.com
            He who can smile in the face of adversity
            has found somebody else to blame it on.
          • Ralf Hildebrandt
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
              * Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>:

              > > > Is there a way to hard bounce messages that have sat in the queue for
              > > > x number of days?
              > >
              > > bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d
              >
              > I think the OP is looking for maximal_queue_lifetime...

              Oh, indeed.

              --
              Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) plonk@...
              http://www.postfix-buch.com
              To correct all M$ Windows(tm) problems, only one small command is necessary:
              > format C: (then press y)
              Bingo! Your Windows(tm) computer is now secure, stable, and every bit as
              useful as before.
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
                On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:48:10PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

                > * Dan McCullough <dan.mccullough@...>:
                >
                > > And 5d is the default?
                >
                > postconf -d bounce_queue_lifetime
                >
                > will tell.

                And of course the OP was really asking about maximal_queue_lifetime...