selective greylisting?

  • Folkert van Heusden
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm using sqlgrey together with postfix.
      Would it be possible to do selective greylisting triggered by an
      rbl-list?

      e.g. something like:
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_rbl_client spamcop.org check_greylist

      where check_greylist is:
      check_greylist = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:2501

      So: if a connection was made from a host blacklisted by spamcop, do
      greylisting on him. That way I can also use rbl_lists that sometimes
      block also false positives.

      Folkert van Heusden
      sqlgrey: http://sqlgrey.sourceforge.net/

      --
      Looking for a cheap but fast webhoster with an excellent helpdesk?
      http://keetweej.vanheusden.com/redir.php?id=1001
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 10, 2006
        mouss,
        > Cami's policyd is "asynchronous", so needs an asynchronous resolver.
        > There aren't much async resolver implementations out there, and the
        > available ones haven't been used enough. also, people are used to their
        > system resolver (integration with nsswitch and the like)...

        Not sure what you are trying to say here.

        p0f has nothing to do with DNS, it just passively examines packets
        of normal SMTP sessions, just like tcpdump, trying to guess what
        type of network stack is running on remote side.

        Mark