Rewrite the sender address

  • enediel gonzalez
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hello
      I need to rewrite an specific sender addresss account@... to
      account@domain (fictisious domain in this example)

      but after configure the rewrite rules, I still get errors that
      server1.domain doen't exist, I want to put the rewrite before any check in
      my postfix configuration.

      Into the main.cf file I declared
      sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      reject_invalid_hostname,
      reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
      reject_non_fqdn_sender,
      reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
      reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      permit_mynetworks,
      permit_sasl_authenticated,
      reject_unauth_destination,
      check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/helo_checks,
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_checks,
      reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
      reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
      reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
      reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
      reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
      permit

      I created the file
      /etc/postfix/sender_canonical
      and inside
      account@... account@domain

      with postmap I created the file
      /etc/postfix/sender_canonical.db

      postfix check (no errors reported)
      postfix reload

      I followed the advices of this tutorial
      http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/postfix-anti-UCE.txt and using debian as OS

      Thanks in advance for help figure out where is my mistake.

      Greetings
      Enediel
      Linux user 300141
      Debian GNU/Linux

      Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
      route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        enediel gonzalez wrote:
        > Hello
        > I need to rewrite an specific sender addresss account@...
        > to account@domain (fictisious domain in this example)
        >
        > but after configure the rewrite rules, I still get errors that
        > server1.domain doen't exist, I want to put the rewrite before any
        > check in my postfix configuration.

        you can't. you should
        - move reject_unknown_sender_domain to after reject_unauth_destination
        - remove reject_unknown_recipient_domain

        if you really insist on using those, then exclude the domain
        server1.example from the checks. too much work I believe.