virtual domains and aliases [signed]

  • Matthias Schmidt [c]
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hello all,

      I'm new to the list and in the process changing my mailserver from Web*
      to Postfix under OS X.

      what I want to do:
      I have some virtual domains like abc.com, abc.org, abc.info etc.
      and one user called joe@...

      now I'd like if a mail is adressed to joe@... that it goes to the
      same postbox as the .com mail.
      so that abc.org (etc) is just an alias of abc.com.

      how is that done without setting up several email accounts?

      Thanks and all the best

      Matthias

      --
      --------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
      To: postfix-users@....
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        On Wednesday 01 November 2006 00:18, Matthias Schmidt [c] wrote:
        > what I want to do:
        > I have some virtual domains like abc.com, abc.org, abc.info etc.
        > and one user called joe@...
        >
        > now I'd like if a mail is adressed to joe@... that it goes to the
        > same postbox as the .com mail.
        > so that abc.org (etc) is just an alias of abc.com.
        >
        > how is that done without setting up several email accounts?

        See VIRTUAL_README.html in your Postfix documentation (or online.)
        There are numerous options.