Re: I get message like Relay Access Denied

  • Magnus Bäck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      On Monday, October 30, 2006 at 18:59 CET,
      abhishek jain <mail@...> wrote:

      > I have postfix installed and when ever i send some emails i get the
      > message like relay access denied i need to place mine system ip on to
      > Local networks list to send the email. Is there a way that i can make
      > the thing like the emails who receives the email ie via pop3 can only
      > send messages.

      This is a FAQ that is asked here again and again. Do read the archives.

      An untrusted client with a dynamic address can be trusted by Postfix if

      a) it authenticates via SASL,
      b) it starts a TLS session and presents a trusted certificate, or
      c) POP-before-SMTP is in place and the client has recently logged
      in via POP.

      Alternative a) is the recommended choice.

      [...]

      --
      Magnus Bäck
      magnus@...