Re: local and non local accounts for two different domain?

  • Yousef Adnan Raffah
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
      On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 06:50 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Yousef Adnan Raffah:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I have a running postfix server for the domain savola.com and that is
      > > delivering the mails to the internal mail server. Now I want to accept
      > > mails for another domain on the same box, for example, savoladns.com,
      > > but I don't want to deliver the mails to any server, I want to accept
      > > those mails locally on the box as I want to have a postmaster account
      > > for that domain locally on the box.
      >
      > For examples of "more" domains on the same machine,
      > see http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html

      Thank you Wiets, you are always helpful and so is the postfix mailing
      list. I think I found what I was looking for in that document and now it
      is time for testing. However, what about using mutt on that box, sorry
      for the off-topic question, but can someone tell me if I can use mutt
      directly without creating any folders or anything in the local Unix user
      home directory? I remember in qmail we had to create something for
      maildir or so, not quite sure I remember that correctly, just wanted to
      make sure if nothing else is required!

      Thanks in advance